Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cuddly weekend

Hope every one is having a good weekend so far, my son and I have been cuddling up allot on the couch and chaise because I have been under the weather. But we have managed to get a few things done. I really do love that every morning after we have our juice we go outside and water the plants and we don't have to soak them since it has stopped being over ninety degrees every day.

Friday we took two mason jars that were laying around up in a cubbard in the kitchen and spray painted the inside of them (well, more I did since I had him stand up on the porch away from the fumes). I am going to use one for my crafting tools that I use the most and end up lying on my desk anyway and the other for maybe some flowers. I got the idea here and here.


I am working more on my sons blanket I am crocheting him but it is the largest crocheting project I have made thus far and its getting a little tedious so this morning I have started to make a pair of crochet ballet slippers so that when I pick up my crochet basket I don't feel so much like whining because I'm only working on the same ol' project. I do hope that I'm not the only one to feel that way!

Also yesterday we got a nice surprise in the mail. My cousin in Texas had sent my son and I a package in the mail! My son got a teddy bear all suited up in an army outfit, and I got four sheets of stickers, pictures, a coffee cup and some hot sauce. She knows me so well!! :) The only thing with my hot sauce collection is that we use them all. Tee hee. Both Love and I use lots of hot sauce and love it.

I have started to make my first mini album and am very excited about it thou the glitter I applied to part of it yesterday did not make me super happy. :( Turned out looking more green than the white that it was in the bottle. I'll take a better picture of it when I become more sure and proud of it again.

Also on Monday I will be getting this in the mail because the last time Love sat in the car and I ran into JoAnns I picked up a Crop-A-Dile and am super happy about it but have realized its a little too clunky to have laying around on my desk and want a place for it. So into the case it will go. I love that it has the two punches and the eyelet setter all in it. Now I can get rid of the cheap hole punches I have sitting around and the little plastic piece broke off of (seriously that is beyond annoying).

But today I am just now drinking my coffee having spend the whole morning and noon with my son and am going to start to make a Halloween card make and take for when my cousin from northern Pa here comes down. When I got my Cricut Expression 2 in the mail and we got moved into our new house I gave my pink Cricut Expression to her and I'm so happy that she has one now too! Just like she gives me incredible ideas for crocheting, now we can trade ideas for paper crafting stuff too! So excited.
Hope everyone is having an incredible weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment